- Weldfab Tech Times:- February – March 2021
- Flux-cored arc welding is one of the popular ways for performing the fabrication process
- Corodur Fülldraht GmbH : Stood for first-class wear protection with flux-cored welding wires
- “To the female who thinks she can’t, I promise you can.”
- “We need to train people to weld more like robots and teach robots to weld more like people.”
- “More important is knowledge, passion for the subject and willingness to learn and ready for hard work is essential.”
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant : All about welding
- Virtual welding simulators: A useful device for welder training and assessments
- Investigation of Friction Stir Processed Al7075 Aluminium Plate Reinforced with Al2O3 / 1 % Gr Hybrid Surface Nanocomposite
- How to avoid Porosity in welding Aluminium
Credit allowable on Welding Electrodes
The Customs, Excise and Service Tax Appellate Tribunal (CESTAT), Hyderabad recently held that CENVAT credit is available in respect of welding electrodes used for Repair and Maintenance of Machineries as per the amended definition of inputs under CENVAT Credit Rules, 2004.
Appellant is a manufacturer of cement and he has used welding electrodes in repairs and maintenance of the machinery and availed CENVAT Credit on the duty paid on the welding electrodes during the period May, 2013 to May, 2015.
The department took a view that the welding electrodes were not used in or in relation to manufacture of final products and therefore, no credit is admissible as they do not qualify to be called as inputs under the CENVAT Credit Rules, 2004.