APPLETON, Wis. (Dec. 18, 2018) — Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, a leading worldwide manufacturer of Miller® brand arc welding equipment, has announced the new Bobcat 200 Air Pak Diesel power system. The new diesel model will be available in February 2019, and an enhanced gasoline model will be released in April. This engine-driven all-in-one solution helps work truck operators consolidate equipment to maximize available payload, reduce fuel consumption and minimize operating costs.
“Work truck technicians don’t have to overload their trucks or sacrifice tools to stay underweight,” says Matt Sherrick, product manager, Power Systems Division, Miller. “With the Bobcat 200 Air Pak Diesel power system, work truck operators get a reliable all-in-one solution that helps them reduce payload yet still have all the power they need.”
The Bobcat 200 Air Pak Diesel all-in-one maintains power capabilities in a compact, lightweight footprint, allowing class 3 to 5 work truck operators to consolidate or improve reliability of their power equipment. Truck operators can reduce weight by up to 500 pounds and increase available payload by up to 24 cubic feet compared to using multiple engine-driven machines, such as a separate air compressor and welder.
In addition, by turning off their truck and running the Bobcat 200 Air Pak power system, truck operators can reduce truck engine idle time by as much as 75 percent — to help minimize fuel costs. Tier 4 diesel truck engines that use a PTO to run jobsite tools increase maintenance costs and the risk of truck downtime due to unnecessary idling.
The Bobcat 200 Air Pak Diesel power system also improves fuel consumption and optimizes efficiency with industry-exclusive Auto-Speed™ technology, which automatically adjusts the engine to run at the lowest speed to match weld and battery charge demands. Auto-Speed technology also helps reduce noise, which enhances safety and improves the work environment.
The new diesel offering joins the existing Bobcat 200 Air Pak gas model, so truck operators can standardize fuel type — eliminating the need to fill two tanks.
Power capabilities and additional features of the Bobcat 200 Air Pak Diesel all-in-one solution include:
- A rotary screw compressor that delivers up to 30 cfm — 20 cfm at idle — of compressed air on demand to power virtually any air tool, including most 3/4-inch impact wrenches. Rotary screw compressors fill faster and run quieter than reciprocating designs, for an improved work environment.
- Up to 100 amps of DC power at idle for 12/24-volt battery charging and up to 300 amps for crank assist.
- A 6,500-watt generator for 120/240-volt AC power needs.
- 210 amps of inverter-based weld power, delivering a smooth, stable arc for MIG, DC TIG and stick welding.
- A compact design that delivers big capabilities in a small footprint — just 47.25 inches long, 20 inches wide and 29 inches tall — and saves up to 220 pounds compared to competitive units.
For more info: