Welders from Damen Shipyards Galati in Romania recently took part in the 2018 Arc Cup International Welding Competition in ZhuZhou, China. At the event, the Galati welders excelled, scooping a number of prestigious awards. Over 380 participants from all over the world took part in the competition.
The welders participated in a competition that features the categories shield metal arc welding, gas metal arc welding, gas tungsten arc welding, oxygen fuel gas welding, finished product welding and aluminium alloy welding in age categories up to 25 and between 25 and 35 years of age. They achieved the following awards:
- Gold and first place per team
- First place MMA/111 – Emanuel Andrei Broasca
- Second place GTAW/141 – Petrisor Goga
- Third place MMA/111 – Daniel Pintilie
- Third place Welding Assembly – Gabriel Codreanu
- Excellence Award for Aluminium Welding – Emanuel Andrei Broasca
- Excellence Award for procedures 135 and 141 – Gabriel Codreanu, Petrica Ghibergiu, Vasile Talmaciov.