- D&H Secheron Electrodes pvt ltd
- Dr PV Venkitakrishnan, Distinguished Scientist & Director,
- LQS – improving quality on Geomembrane projects
- MetLase develops digital enhancement for tried and tested Gas Shield technology
- Emerson’s new laser welder enhances manufacturing capabilities
- MM-L300A Laser Weld Monitor
- Weldfab Tech Times:- Dec – Jan 2021
- Sagar D. Shilimkar, Welder Trade, Mazagaon Dock
- Resistance Welding: Solutions
- COMBO 502
MM-L300A Laser Weld Monitor
The high-resolution, compact MM-L300A is designed to detect production errors such as gaps between parts, missing parts, over-penetration, incorrect focus and cover gas absence, providing operators feedback on resultant laser weld quality. The compact, lightweight unit supports laser welding technologies for spot or seam welds.
This high-accuracy monitor is ideal for both process development and quality control for production laser welding applications. The MM-L300A determines weld success by detecting and recording a thermal signal from the area of laser interaction and providing an output waveform around which limits (max/min or envelope) can be set. Once the limits are determined, the unit compares a new weld waveform in real time to identify a good or bad weld. Providing high temporal resolution—down to 1 microsecond—the MM-L300A, with the SU-N300A dedicated thermal sensor, enables precision monitoring of both continuous wave and pulsed laser processes.
The MM-L300A features easy-to-use software for simple sensor configuration, waveform envelope limit set-up, and real-time or saved waveform analysis on Windows® PCs. Additionally, machine-selectable setup schedules enable the unit to monitor different welding conditions. The compact, 7 lb (3 kg) unit reduces set-up space when integrated into a production line or used in a laboratory environment. The sensor can be mounted either on the optical axis or in an off-axis position.
- The MM-L300A could be used to detect the following production errors depending on weld joint and conditions: missing parts, improper part fit-up, absence of cover gas and out of focus
- High temporal resolution
- Envelope capability
For More Info: