- Weldfab Tech Times:- February – March 2021
- Flux-cored arc welding is one of the popular ways for performing the fabrication process
- Corodur Fülldraht GmbH : Stood for first-class wear protection with flux-cored welding wires
- “To the female who thinks she can’t, I promise you can.”
- “We need to train people to weld more like robots and teach robots to weld more like people.”
- “More important is knowledge, passion for the subject and willingness to learn and ready for hard work is essential.”
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant : All about welding
- Virtual welding simulators: A useful device for welder training and assessments
- Investigation of Friction Stir Processed Al7075 Aluminium Plate Reinforced with Al2O3 / 1 % Gr Hybrid Surface Nanocomposite
- How to avoid Porosity in welding Aluminium
FSW head for NC machine tool
Stirweld’s FSW head uses a NC machine tool for FSW. This innovation reduces drastically the investment cost to access to FSW while offering performances identical to a special FSW machine.
FSW head for NC machine tool: low investment cost, adaptability, ease of use and installation
FSW tools: low cost, higher quality, more efficient
Turnkey solution: parameters, jigs, training
- Low investment cost: compared to FSW special machines or robotic stations
- Adaptability: Despite the lack of standard machining centers, the StirWeld FSW head can be adapted to all MOCNs.
- Ease of use and installation: After the first installation, the user can assemble and disassemble the FSW head in a few minutes from machining to welding and vice versa.
- Matching on 3 to 5 axis CNC machine
- Assembly or disassembly in 15 mins
- No hard or soft change of CNC machine
- Force control to secure the weld quality from 1 to 18 kN
- Water and air pressure cooling
- From welding to machining without head disassembly
- Small size to accomodate welding jig
- Self-lubricating: no maintenance
- CNC machine protection against the high forces (up to 18 kN) and vibrations during the FSW process
- Quick tool change (attachment with accurate positioning)
- Compliant part: height of 300 mm
- Interface: height from 60 to 110 mm depending on CNC machine
Weight: 30 Kg
Water cooling: 5 l/min at 25°C
Air pressure cooling: 3 bar
Head – console distance up to 10m (more in option)
- Recording of forging force for quality control
- Temperature monitoring for safe use
- Real time display process adjustment or process control.
The tools are tested on a wear bench to control their reliability.