- Weldfab Tech Times:- February – March 2021
- Flux-cored arc welding is one of the popular ways for performing the fabrication process
- Corodur Fülldraht GmbH : Stood for first-class wear protection with flux-cored welding wires
- “To the female who thinks she can’t, I promise you can.”
- “We need to train people to weld more like robots and teach robots to weld more like people.”
- “More important is knowledge, passion for the subject and willingness to learn and ready for hard work is essential.”
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant : All about welding
- Virtual welding simulators: A useful device for welder training and assessments
- Investigation of Friction Stir Processed Al7075 Aluminium Plate Reinforced with Al2O3 / 1 % Gr Hybrid Surface Nanocomposite
- How to avoid Porosity in welding Aluminium
Cut Costs, Not Corners with QuickPurge®
Welders are always looking for time and cost savings when pipes need to be purged of oxygen before, during and after welding (weld purged). Weld purging large diameterpipework fabrications and pipelines not only carries a large price tag when it comes to time, it can also cost a lot in inert gas.
Weld purging specialists and developers Huntingdon Fusion Techniques HFT® manufacture QuickPurge®Tube, Pipeand Pipeline Weld Purging Systems. QuickPurge® Systems are designed to be inflated inside of the pipe, drastically restricting the volume that needs to be purged, so much so that the Systems pay for themselves in just one or two welds.
A Customer in the USA said: “What an enormous saving in waiting time for our welders. Normally we wait several hours for our 30″ stainless steel pipe joints to be purged and now we can start welding in under 10 minutes.”
QuickPurge®Systems are available in sizes 6 to 88” (152 to 2,235 mm) and are used in many Industries such as Refineries for nickel alloys, Mining Operationsfor titanium, Nuclear Power Stations for stainless steeland the Oil and Gas Industry for all high quality pipe joints. Using scientific innovations, QuickPurge® can help welders achieve consistent oxygen levels as low as 10 parts per million (ppm), allowing zero colour welds to be achieved withno loss of corrosion resistance caused by oxidation.
IntaCal®combined with the integrated PurgeGate®devicemakes it possible to safely inflate the systems with argon gas, for sealing and then purging the space between the dams where the weld joint is located.With PurgeGate®, any risk of over-inflationdue to pressure or flow increase is eliminated.
All Systems are manufactured as standard with a hose for connecting a Weld Purge Monitor®, which can read oxygen levels down to as low as 10 ppm.
Specially designed QuickPurge® Systems with longer sleeves are also available for pipework with 90º bends.
For More Info:
Michaela Reay, Marketing Associate
Huntingdon Fusion Techniques HFT®