- Weldfab Tech Times:- February – March 2021
- Flux-cored arc welding is one of the popular ways for performing the fabrication process
- Corodur Fülldraht GmbH : Stood for first-class wear protection with flux-cored welding wires
- “To the female who thinks she can’t, I promise you can.”
- “We need to train people to weld more like robots and teach robots to weld more like people.”
- “More important is knowledge, passion for the subject and willingness to learn and ready for hard work is essential.”
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant : All about welding
- Virtual welding simulators: A useful device for welder training and assessments
- Investigation of Friction Stir Processed Al7075 Aluminium Plate Reinforced with Al2O3 / 1 % Gr Hybrid Surface Nanocomposite
- How to avoid Porosity in welding Aluminium
Welding program for women in town
Six Nations Polytechnic will offer an apprenticeship welders program for women at its Brantford campus to help close a gender-based skills gap and give them a boost in economic standing.
Polytech has been approved for funding up to a maximum of $307,295 over two years to deliver the We Are Welders Program to low-income women under the Women’s Economic Security Program, Rebecca Jamieson, President and CEO, announced.
The 28-week course is made up of six modules that include career awareness, team building, soft and life skills, welding, employment readiness and empowerment and a paid work placement. The curriculum content plus workshops and resources aim to remove barriers, build confidence, acquire skills and prepare participants for a career as a welder. The program is offered tuition-free and the first cohort is set to start in June. Interested applicants will soon be able to apply through Polytech and community agencies.