- Weldfab Tech Times:- February – March 2021
- Flux-cored arc welding is one of the popular ways for performing the fabrication process
- Corodur Fülldraht GmbH : Stood for first-class wear protection with flux-cored welding wires
- “To the female who thinks she can’t, I promise you can.”
- “We need to train people to weld more like robots and teach robots to weld more like people.”
- “More important is knowledge, passion for the subject and willingness to learn and ready for hard work is essential.”
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant : All about welding
- Virtual welding simulators: A useful device for welder training and assessments
- Investigation of Friction Stir Processed Al7075 Aluminium Plate Reinforced with Al2O3 / 1 % Gr Hybrid Surface Nanocomposite
- How to avoid Porosity in welding Aluminium
TÜV Rheinland India to spur its ‘Make in India’ initiative by investing in testing facility within AMTZ
TÜV Rheinland India has now opted for the Andhra Pradesh MedTech Zone (AMTZ) to pursue its Make in India programme by investing in testing facility within the complex. During the recent CII Partnership summit, Andhra Pradesh chief minister Chandrababu Naidu, honored TÜV Rheinland India with the concessionaire agreements of both EMI/EMC & Electrical Safety and Bio-material scientific projects.
The company had signed an agreement and entered into a partnership with AMTZ last year to set-up a comprehensive state-of-the art facility providing one-stop shop solutions for a wide variety of medical devices. The facility will have a 5 meter measurement table with 5 tonnes capacity Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI/EMC), Electrical Safety & Biomaterial scientific facilities. It will also include one 10m Semi Anechoic chamber with a measurement range upto 40GHz, two 3m semi Anechoic chamber with a measurement range upto 40GHz, precision acoustics facility for measuring sound pressure and sound power from medical devices and many other testing facilities within the zone.
“Medical equipment manufacturers can have various advantages, incentives and opportunities by having their production facility within the AMTZ, the country’s first Medical Technology Manufacturing Park, established at Visakhapatnam over an area of 270 acres by the government of Andhra Pradesh,” said Kalyan Varma, Vice President-Products, TÜV Rheinland India, a service provider in the testing, training, inspection, consulting and certification industry.
AMTZ will house modern 250-300 independent manufacturing units, each over a built-in ready to use area at a very cost effective long-term lease. In addition the park will have in-house high investment scientific facilities, including state-of-the-art testing laboratories, which would help manufacturers significantly reduce the cost manufacturing thereby creating world class diagnosis with quality products accessible to the common man at affordable prices.
Varma also expressed that the quality of service rendered from TÜV Rheinland facility in AMTZ, Visakhapatnam will carry the same credibility as having testing and certifications from any of the TÜV Rheinland branches globally.
He also appreciated the concept of having complete medical equipment ecosystem under one roof of AMTZ which would reduce the overall product developmental life cycle, logistics charges and turnaround time to market thereby reduction in cost for total healthcare.
“Our world class testing facilities will help the medical equipment manufacturers meet the international standards for quality and safety. AMTZ along with TÜV Rheinland is taking initiatives to educate medical manufacturers on the new regulations as well as inform on the testing facilities available in AMTZ”, said Thomas Fuhrmann, Managing Director, TÜV Rheinland India.