- OBITUARY: Dr G Padmanabham (RIP : 3rd June 2021)
- ADLINK Enables Automated Arc-Welding Defect Detection with Industrial Machine Vision Edge Solution Toward Industry 4.0
- voestalpine Bohler Welding sponsors National Skill Competition for Best of the Best Welders 2020-21
- Weldfabtechtimes Magazine:- April – May 2021
- New high performing filters for FilterCart and Filterbox
- “We installed Liquid Medical Oxygen tanks in more than 250+ hospitals all over India and our Parent Company supplied liquid medical oxygen to more than 1000+ hospitals.”
- “We have consolidated our presence in India with the appointment of Sahara Enterprises.”
- “Government need to promote this particular education from the root itself to benefit entire welding segment in the coming years.”
- At John Deere, ‘Hard Iron Meets Artificial Intelligence’
- New developments in gas shielded arc welding of aluminium alloys using gas mixtures containing minor gaseous additions
TPE-Jacketed Cables with Silicone Tubing Withstand Harsh Welding Conditions
Balluff’s newest family of TPE jacketed cables and splitters with silicone tubing withstand the harsh conditions of welding environments. They operate in increased ambient temperatures and resist thermal shocks, weld sparks and spatter.
Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE) jackets offer weld spark resistance and a high flex life rating of more than 10 million cycles. A silicone tube over the cable which is overmolded to the connector creates an insulating air pocket that increases the temperature resistance to up to 250 ºC. The silicone tube also prevents occasional weld spatter and sparks from burning through the cable. The cable’s locking nut is coated with PTFE, preventing spatter buildup that can destroy a sensor when disconnecting it.
With cables available in lengths from 0.3 m to 2.0 m and with multiple connector types, they provide the needed protection for welding applications.
Splitters in this product family come in lengths from 0.3 meters to 1.0 meters. The splitters specifically provide high-level protection of cables to I/O blocks mounted in a weld area. To access both I/O on a port you need a splitter to break out the two separate legs. Balluff’s new splitter cables offer the same TPE jackets with added silicone tubes overmolded to the connectors.
This means that you can now fully utilize I/O blocks and protect cables where they are vulnerable, reducing downtime in welding cells due to cable failure.