- Weldfab Tech Times:- February – March 2021
- Flux-cored arc welding is one of the popular ways for performing the fabrication process
- Corodur Fülldraht GmbH : Stood for first-class wear protection with flux-cored welding wires
- “To the female who thinks she can’t, I promise you can.”
- “We need to train people to weld more like robots and teach robots to weld more like people.”
- “More important is knowledge, passion for the subject and willingness to learn and ready for hard work is essential.”
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant : All about welding
- Virtual welding simulators: A useful device for welder training and assessments
- Investigation of Friction Stir Processed Al7075 Aluminium Plate Reinforced with Al2O3 / 1 % Gr Hybrid Surface Nanocomposite
- How to avoid Porosity in welding Aluminium
New EWM administration building opened in Mündersbach
EWM AG from Mündersbach has been in growth for a number of years. Now the welding technology manufacturer has opened a new administration building in its hometown. An initial 80 employees have moved into the state-of-the-art office complex. EWM has invested a total of four million Euros in the new 1,800 m² location.
With around 400 employees in Mündersbach alone, the family company is among the leading providers of work in the region, and this is only set to increase. With the new building, EWM is making a long-term commitment to the place where it was founded. The high-tech company is Germany’s largest producer of arc welding technology and is even among the global technological leaders. Within just six months, a cutting-edge, multi-storey building was constructed in Mündersbach, housing a total of 100 office workspaces. EWM put great emphasis on equipping the building to the highest-possible standard, for example by fitting the offices with ergonomic, height-adjustable desk systems. As well as modern, well-lit rooms, the spacious halls of the new building also house inviting meeting areas with standing tables. “On one hand, our new administration building gives employees the chance to work in a focussed and quiet environment. On the other, they will also have plenty of space for productive and informative discussions. That’s a successful solution,” says Bernd Szczesny, Managing Director of EWM AG.
Completed in just six months
The general contractor responsible for the project, KLEUSBERG GmbH & Co. KG, completed the building in modular design in just six months. The four floors of the new building comprise a total of 32 modules. The administration building has been designed according to the latest advances in building technology. In order to keep the new office complex’s use of primary energy at a very low level, the environmentally-friendly KfW 55 energy standard has been implemented. EWM has installed a photovoltaics system on the roof of the complex, while the building itself is fitted with highly energy-efficient heating. “Cooperation with our service providers was very good throughout the course of the project,” says Christian Usinger, Assistant to the Managing Director at EWM AG. “The new administration building provides an ultra-modern basis for further growth at our Mündersbach location.”