- Weldfab Tech Times:- February – March 2021
- Flux-cored arc welding is one of the popular ways for performing the fabrication process
- Corodur Fülldraht GmbH : Stood for first-class wear protection with flux-cored welding wires
- “To the female who thinks she can’t, I promise you can.”
- “We need to train people to weld more like robots and teach robots to weld more like people.”
- “More important is knowledge, passion for the subject and willingness to learn and ready for hard work is essential.”
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant : All about welding
- Virtual welding simulators: A useful device for welder training and assessments
- Investigation of Friction Stir Processed Al7075 Aluminium Plate Reinforced with Al2O3 / 1 % Gr Hybrid Surface Nanocomposite
- How to avoid Porosity in welding Aluminium
Mazak to Invest $8.5 mn in Kentucky Mfg Operations
With an aggressive plan in place, Mazak Corporation has announced that it will invest $8.5 million in new manufacturing technology for its Florence, Kentucky, Mazak iSmart Factory operations. The investment encompasses the installation of a new state-of-the-art manufacturing cell with fully automated storage and retrieval system, six of Mazak’s most advanced machine tools and several Mazak SMOOTH Technologies – all of which will allow the company to satisfy growing customer demand and provide the shortest possible turnaround times.
With an expected completion date of late 2019, the new cell will entail two HCN 6800 and three HCN 8800 Machining Centers and an INTEGREX e-1250V Multi-Tasking Machine and one MAZATEC Smart Manufacturing System (SMS). The machine tools all feature MAZATROL SmoothG control technology that is expected to help further increase part production speed by as much as 30 percent.
“Mazak continuously invests in its North American operations, which have grown and advanced into a sophisticated and extremely productive Mazak iSmart Factory,” said Dan Janka, president of Mazak Corp. “At the heart of that forward-thinking concept are plant-wide connectivity, automation and optimized production flow that allow us to significantly increase machine utilization, shorten throughput times, eliminate non-value-added operations and process parts more efficiently.”