- D&H Secheron’s stainless steel flux cored wires
- Welding Surface Prep: There is an Easier Way
- FY 2019 : Economic and Automotive Performance
- Modular Welding Tables
- Welding Consumables for Pipeline Construction
- Finishing Chemicals
- Diamondspark seamless cored wires for brilliant welding results
- BÖHLER Guardian50 Welding Helmet
- Weldfab Tech Times:- October – November 2020
- EWM Taurus Steel saves electricity and costs
EDF says several reactors affected by welding problems
French state-controlled utility EDF said several of its nuclear reactors were affected by welding anomalies, adding it would provide more detail on individual reactors in coming days.
An EDF spokesman said it was too early to say whether the problems could lead to reactor closures. He said nuclear regulator ASN had been informed of the problems and that the ASN would rule whether any closures may be required.
EDF said earlier that its reactor unit Framatome had warned it about “a deviation from technical standards governing the manufacture of nuclear-reactor components”. EDF shares fell by more than seven percent.
The spokesman added that not the entire fleet of 58 reactors was affected as EDF also had other suppliers including Westinghouse and MHI, and that Framatome had not always used the same welding procedure that led to the problems.