- D&H Secheron Electrodes pvt ltd
- Dr PV Venkitakrishnan, Distinguished Scientist & Director,
- LQS – improving quality on Geomembrane projects
- MetLase develops digital enhancement for tried and tested Gas Shield technology
- Emerson’s new laser welder enhances manufacturing capabilities
- MM-L300A Laser Weld Monitor
- Weldfab Tech Times:- Dec – Jan 2021
- Sagar D. Shilimkar, Welder Trade, Mazagaon Dock
- Resistance Welding: Solutions
- COMBO 502
EDF says several reactors affected by welding problems
French state-controlled utility EDF said several of its nuclear reactors were affected by welding anomalies, adding it would provide more detail on individual reactors in coming days.
An EDF spokesman said it was too early to say whether the problems could lead to reactor closures. He said nuclear regulator ASN had been informed of the problems and that the ASN would rule whether any closures may be required.
EDF said earlier that its reactor unit Framatome had warned it about “a deviation from technical standards governing the manufacture of nuclear-reactor components”. EDF shares fell by more than seven percent.
The spokesman added that not the entire fleet of 58 reactors was affected as EDF also had other suppliers including Westinghouse and MHI, and that Framatome had not always used the same welding procedure that led to the problems.