- Weldfab Tech Times:- February – March 2021
- Flux-cored arc welding is one of the popular ways for performing the fabrication process
- Corodur Fülldraht GmbH : Stood for first-class wear protection with flux-cored welding wires
- “To the female who thinks she can’t, I promise you can.”
- “We need to train people to weld more like robots and teach robots to weld more like people.”
- “More important is knowledge, passion for the subject and willingness to learn and ready for hard work is essential.”
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant : All about welding
- Virtual welding simulators: A useful device for welder training and assessments
- Investigation of Friction Stir Processed Al7075 Aluminium Plate Reinforced with Al2O3 / 1 % Gr Hybrid Surface Nanocomposite
- How to avoid Porosity in welding Aluminium
CPI Aerostructures completes acquisition of Welding Metallurgy Inc
CPI Aerostructures, Inc. (“CPI Aero®” or “the Company”) (NYSE American: CVU) today announced that it has completed its acquisition of Welding Metallurgy, Inc. (“WMI”) from Air Industries Group, Inc. in a transaction valued at approximately $9.0 million. The Company expects to complete the integration of WMI’s operations into its Edgewood, N.Y., headquarters by the end of the first quarter of 2019.
WMI provides specialty welded products and assemblies, large diameter tube bending and integrated electronic assemblies, among other capabilities, to a variety of customers, predominantly within the defense and aerospace markets. WMI’s defense customers include Sikorsky, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, and GKN Aerospace, among others.
CPI Aero President and Chief Executive Officer Douglas McCrosson stated, “”We are excited to announce the closing of the acquisition as it ushers in a new era of expanded capabilities and an increased opportunity set that we expect to lead to meaningful revenue and earnings growth starting in 2019. The addition of WMI’s products and processes, particularly with respect to manufacturing of electronic assemblies, wire harnesses, and tube assemblies, not only provides a new avenue for top line growth, it also allows us to provide more CPI Aero content within our integrated structural assemblies thereby enhancing its value proposition to new and current customers. Finally, consolidation of WMI’s operations and personnel into our facility will increase absorbtion of fixed overhead costs, improve the competitivess of our price proposals and could expand margins on current programs.”
The Company expects to provide financial guidance for fiscal 2019 that will include WMI’s contribution with the publication of its fourth quarter and year-end 2018 financial results in March 2019.