The Welding Training Centre at Don Bosco Technical Institute, Park Circus in Kolkata was inaugurated on 16th December 2019 by Chief Guest – Mr. Masayuki Taga, Council General of Japan at Kolkata.
This Welding Training Centre is equipped with latest Japanese welding machines manufactured by Panasonic. Following machines have been set up there – IGBT based MMA, IGBT based TIG, IGBT based MIG/MAG and Digital MIG/MAG.
India is currently facing a huge shortage of skilled welding workforce and which may impact the infrastructure growthplan of the country. Don Bosco has taken a step ahead to generate highly skilled welding workforce and offer to Indian industry and thereby supporting Indian industry to achieve the global level welding output in terms of quality and speed of welding.
More than 200 people gathered to participate in this inauguration ceremony and some of the dignitaries were as follows –
- Masayuki Taga, Council General of Japan at Kolkata
- Masafumi Himeno, Managing Director, PSFSIN
- Joseph Podimattathil, Principal, Don Bosco Technical Institute, Park Circus, Kolkata
- Joseph Pauria, Vice Provincial
- Joy. P.K., Rector of Don Bosco School
Mr. Masayuki Taga feels delighted to see initiatives of Don Bosco and Panasonic to generate skilled workforce in welding. He aims helping India to increase the completion of infrastructure projects and other metal fabrications. “Welding is the key to growth of any economy and since India is in infrastructure creation stage, the country needs huge amount of good welding workforce,” said Masayuki. He is ready to be of any support in case Don Bosco needs.
Mr. Masafumi Himeno informs, “We have our welding machine manufacturing factory at Jhajjar near Gurgaon in Haryana. We import Arc welding robot from Japan factory. Our major customers are from metal fabrication industry like automotive industry (2 wheeler and 4 wheeler), medium and heavy commercial vehicle, construction equipment, power plant equipment manufacturers, process industry, ship building, railways and other infrastructure creation.”
“Our future action plan is to continue supporting Indian industry and Training institutes with latest Japanese technology machine & robots and offer complete welding process training so that it enhances India’s manufacturing competitiveness and they are able to manufacture global level quality products and therefore able to Make in India and export to other countries.”
“We strive to support the cause of ‘Make in India’ and ‘Skill India’.”
Rev. Fr. Joseph Podimattathil is very excited about training students on latest technology. He is thankful to Panasonic for collaboration on training. He is confident that Don Bosco will maintain its high quality education standard and will be able to generate high class welding work force from the institute. He requested Panasonic to share knowledge on latest developments in welding technology as and when it comes.
Rev. Fr. Joseph Pauria appreciated the initiatives of Panasonic to collaborate together with DBTI for the noble cause to train unemployed youth with high suitable skill, and enable them to get employed or self-employed.
The inaugural session ended with a vote of thanks by Rev. Fr. Joy P.K.
- DonBosco Technical Institute Park Circus, Kolkata was established in January 1965 and is owned and run by the Salesiansof Don Bosco.
- It is affiliated to the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) under the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Sector Skill Council and Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination(CISCE), New Delhi.
- The Institute offers its own Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technician & Electronics Engineering Technician.
The Institute is in the heart of the City of Kolkata. Easily accessible by road and railways.
From left – Mr. MasafumiHimeno , M.D.- Panasonic Smart Factory Solutions India
Mr. Masayuki Taga, Consul General of Japan at Kolkata
Mr. Masayuki lighting the auspicious lamp.
Posing during inauguration ceremony
- Amrityoga, Sr.Manager –Marketing , Panasonic Smart Factory Solutions India (PSFSIN)
- Gopi , Sales Head ,PSFSIN
- Joseph Pauria, Vice Provincial
- Masafumi Himeno, Managing Director , PSFSIN
- Joy P.K. ,Rector of Don Bosco School
Fr. Joseph Podimattathil , Principal – Don Bosco Technical Institute, Park Circus, Kolkata
Mr. Masayuki Taga being felicitated by Fr. Joseph Podimattathil
Fr. Joseph Pauria, Vice Provincial reading out blessing hymn
Unveiling the plaque by Mr. Masayuki Taga (right) and Mr.Masafumi Himeno
Cutting of Robbon by Mr. Masayuki Taga and Mr.Masafumi Himeno