- Weldfab Tech Times:- February – March 2021
- Flux-cored arc welding is one of the popular ways for performing the fabrication process
- Corodur Fülldraht GmbH : Stood for first-class wear protection with flux-cored welding wires
- “To the female who thinks she can’t, I promise you can.”
- “We need to train people to weld more like robots and teach robots to weld more like people.”
- “More important is knowledge, passion for the subject and willingness to learn and ready for hard work is essential.”
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant : All about welding
- Virtual welding simulators: A useful device for welder training and assessments
- Investigation of Friction Stir Processed Al7075 Aluminium Plate Reinforced with Al2O3 / 1 % Gr Hybrid Surface Nanocomposite
- How to avoid Porosity in welding Aluminium
Introducing the LASERDYNE® 890 Fiber Laser System
Introducing the LASERDYNE® 890 Fiber Laser System
New LASERDYNE 890 fiber laser system is a “workhorse” for large part welding, drilling and cutting. It has more innovative performance features than any other system on today’s market.
Introducing the LASERDYNE® 890 Fiber Laser System – Featuring 96 x 72 x 36 Inch Five Axis Work Envelope Ideal For Large Part Welding, Drilling And Cutting Processes.
Early users asked for it — Prima Power Laserdyne made it happen — the renewal of the 890 LASERDYNE® Multi-Axis Laser Processing System. This is an all-new LASERDYNE 890 system with powerful and efficient fiber laser, the latest highly flexible BeamDirector®, and the S94P control loaded with a full portfolio of Smart Techniques™ operating capabilities.
With all of these enhancements and a large 96 x 72 x 36 inch (2440 x 1830 x 900 mm) work envelope for the X, Y, and Z axes — along with the latest BeamDirector and a complete flexible five axis work envelope — the modern LASERDYNE 890 is designed for today’s challenging large part welding, drilling and cutting processes. Its spacious gantry design configuration has proven useful in fixturing large and complex parts, allowing for faster and more efficient high-value part set-up and laser processing.
Quasi Continuous Wave (QCW) and Continuous Wave (CW) Fiber Lasers Provide New Laser Processing Capability and Flexibility
With outstanding performance and efficiency, the fiber lasers provide consistent pulse power and energy stability. The QCW fiber laser delivers maximum peak power equal to 10 times that of average power. The S94P controller delivers precise and controlled pulses for consistent and reliable manufacturing processing. The fiber lasers are more efficient and provide significant cost savings over CO2 and Nd:YAG lasers, i.e., migrating to a fiber laser source eliminates the need for helium gas requirement and lowers the operating cost.
Latest Prima Power Laserdyne BeamDirector® Technology Continues To Lead the Industry In Laser Processing Complex Components
The latest generation of BeamDirector® technology maintains industry leading crash protection in a compact profile that allows drilling at angles as shallow as 10 degrees from the surface throughout the entire work envelope.
The LASERDYNE 890 includes the latest generation of the BeamDirector. It provides rotary and tilt (fourth and fifth) axes of laser beam motion. Rotary (C axis) motion is 900 degrees about the vertical axis while tilt (D axis) travel is ±150 degrees about the horizontal axis.
The Prima Power Laserdyne BeamDirector features direct drive design, optical encoders for high accuracy (±15 arc-second) and repeatable, high assist gas pressure and flow, and adjustable mirrors for easy and accurate beam alignment. The high capacity direct drive design eliminates gears and belts for higher accuracy, allowing greater travel and reach over zero offset style wrists.
Latest S94P Laser Process Controls With A Multitude of Advanced Features For The Most Efficient, High Quality Part Processing
The Prima Power Laserdyne S94P control includes smart solutions for welding, drilling and cutting of clean accurately produced parts in a broad range of standard or specialty materials including the latest high temperature and exotic metals. The S94P control includes the following capabilities and many more:
- Automatic Focus Control™ for capacitive part sensing (uncoated metals) creating unlimited “R” axis correction with speed and unmatched sensitivity.
- Optical Focus Control™ (OFC2) (Patented) for sensing and mapping of thermal barrier (ceramic) coated surfaces.
- CylPerf™ and ShapeSoft™ graphical programming utilities for producing patterns of cylindrical and shaped holes.
- PresSure™ for control of assist gas pressure from within a laser processing program.
- Adaptive hole size control, the single best method of producing the highest quality laser drilled holes, ensures hole size and critical flow requirements with minimal operator involvement.
- SPC Data Acquisition™ monitors and records key processing data used to create each part and records the data in a permanent record.
- MTConnectTM provides real-time streaming of the process parameters in support of IIoT add Industry 4.0
“SmartTechniques™” Lead to Smarter and Faster Laser Processes
The LASERDYNE 890 also incorporates an expanding suite of proprietary capabilities, called “SmartTechniques” that are standard features of its S94P control. They include:
SmartShield™ — provides protection against excessive oxidation in the weld area while also protecting the beam delivery optics with regular, clean shop compressed air.
SmartShield™ prevents excessive weld oxidation of laser welds while protecting focusing optics.
SmartPierce™ — minimizes spatter and reduces time for piercing in cutting and drilling processes.
SmartPierce™ minimizes spatter and reduces piercing time..
reduces backwall damage.
SmartRamp™ — eliminates the depression at the end of laser welds.
SmartRamp™ eliminates depression at the end of laser welds.
Robust, Rigid LASERDYNE 890 Structure
A true workhorse, the new LASERDYNE 890 incorporates a rigid base with heavy-duty steel weldment construction and robust motion system with precision machined surfaces, and reliable motion system.
According to Prima Power Laserdyne, LASERDYNE 890 system provides the newest and widest range of laser processing capabilities to meet and exceed today’s complex part laser processing requirements. The proof is seeing a demonstration of the new LASERDYNE 890 system and meeting the Prima Power Laserdyne Engineering staff.
For More Info:
To arrange an on-site demonstration of this innovative LASERDYNE 890 system and for more information about it and the full range of LASERDYNE® products and services of Prima Power Laserdyne, call 763-433-3700. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org