- Weldfab Tech Times:- February – March 2021
- Flux-cored arc welding is one of the popular ways for performing the fabrication process
- Corodur Fülldraht GmbH : Stood for first-class wear protection with flux-cored welding wires
- “To the female who thinks she can’t, I promise you can.”
- “We need to train people to weld more like robots and teach robots to weld more like people.”
- “More important is knowledge, passion for the subject and willingness to learn and ready for hard work is essential.”
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant : All about welding
- Virtual welding simulators: A useful device for welder training and assessments
- Investigation of Friction Stir Processed Al7075 Aluminium Plate Reinforced with Al2O3 / 1 % Gr Hybrid Surface Nanocomposite
- How to avoid Porosity in welding Aluminium
Welding Machine to operate using salt & water
Mara Vocation Training Centre has designed a cheap welding machine that uses salt and water to make it operate. The rising demand for this machine is expected from the young entrepreneurs like craftsmen, and graduates of vocational training colleges who are not able to buy new welding machines.
According to the Innovator Elly Maduhu, from Vocational Education and Training Authority (VETA), the graduates can make their own machine by using the materials that are easily found in scrap metals, and by the cast of vehicles battery, etc.
“When this idea came to my mind, I decided to put it to practice. My target is to help students who are studying welding,” he said.
The cost of other welding machines is generally high, which the startups cannot afford. Thus, the new and affordable welding machine has been introduced. You will have to spend only Sh50,000 to make your own welding machine that uses salt and water.
“You can save huge amount of money if you opt for this simple technology,” he said.