- D&H Secheron’s stainless steel flux cored wires
- Welding Surface Prep: There is an Easier Way
- FY 2019 : Economic and Automotive Performance
- Modular Welding Tables
- Welding Consumables for Pipeline Construction
- Finishing Chemicals
- Diamondspark seamless cored wires for brilliant welding results
- BÖHLER Guardian50 Welding Helmet
- Weldfab Tech Times:- October – November 2020
- EWM Taurus Steel saves electricity and costs
Robot-based friction stir welding for e-mobility: KUKA receives order from DONGHEE
KUKA received an order in the single-digit million euro range from the Korean automotive supplier DONGHEE Industrial Co., Ltd. The order was booked in the 2nd quarter of 2019.
DONGHEE relies on robot-based friction stir welding from KUKA in the area of e-mobility. The technology is being used at different Hyundai plants for the production of battery carriers – finding use, among other places, in the KONA electric vehicle model. Here, automation specialist KUKA supplies robotic equipment for the process-reliable joining of components made of different aluminum alloys.
Together, DONGHEE’s expertise in the machining of aluminum components and the robot-supported friction stir welding cell supplied by KUKA create the necessary conditions for the successful production of battery supports. A production system developed for this purpose has been running in series production for over a year at a Korean plant of DONGHEE. Now a master contract has been signed for the supply of further systems for the production of Hyundai electric vehicles.