- D&H Secheron Electrodes pvt ltd
- Dr PV Venkitakrishnan, Distinguished Scientist & Director,
- LQS – improving quality on Geomembrane projects
- MetLase develops digital enhancement for tried and tested Gas Shield technology
- Emerson’s new laser welder enhances manufacturing capabilities
- MM-L300A Laser Weld Monitor
- Weldfab Tech Times:- Dec – Jan 2021
- Sagar D. Shilimkar, Welder Trade, Mazagaon Dock
- Resistance Welding: Solutions
- COMBO 502
Robot-based friction stir welding for e-mobility: KUKA receives order from DONGHEE
KUKA received an order in the single-digit million euro range from the Korean automotive supplier DONGHEE Industrial Co., Ltd. The order was booked in the 2nd quarter of 2019.
DONGHEE relies on robot-based friction stir welding from KUKA in the area of e-mobility. The technology is being used at different Hyundai plants for the production of battery carriers – finding use, among other places, in the KONA electric vehicle model. Here, automation specialist KUKA supplies robotic equipment for the process-reliable joining of components made of different aluminum alloys.
Together, DONGHEE’s expertise in the machining of aluminum components and the robot-supported friction stir welding cell supplied by KUKA create the necessary conditions for the successful production of battery supports. A production system developed for this purpose has been running in series production for over a year at a Korean plant of DONGHEE. Now a master contract has been signed for the supply of further systems for the production of Hyundai electric vehicles.