- Weldfab Tech Times:- February – March 2021
- Flux-cored arc welding is one of the popular ways for performing the fabrication process
- Corodur Fülldraht GmbH : Stood for first-class wear protection with flux-cored welding wires
- “To the female who thinks she can’t, I promise you can.”
- “We need to train people to weld more like robots and teach robots to weld more like people.”
- “More important is knowledge, passion for the subject and willingness to learn and ready for hard work is essential.”
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant : All about welding
- Virtual welding simulators: A useful device for welder training and assessments
- Investigation of Friction Stir Processed Al7075 Aluminium Plate Reinforced with Al2O3 / 1 % Gr Hybrid Surface Nanocomposite
- How to avoid Porosity in welding Aluminium
NMAMIT develops automated band saw blade welding machine
A team of researchers from the ‘Center for System Design, Fabrication and Testing’, and ‘NMAMIT-Fronius Center for Welding Technology’, department of Mechanical Engineering, NMAMIT Nitte developed an ‘Automated Band Saw Welding Machine’ for one of the local timber industries in Karkala.
The machine was developed to help local wood industries to weld the broken band saw blades ‘in-house’ which makes them self-reliant in reworking the broken band saw blades and increase in their productivity.
An MIG welding machine is used to weld the broken band saw blades in the newly developed system. Arduino MEGA controller is used to control the to and fro motion and velocity of the welding torch using a stepper motor controlled motorized linear stage. The MIG welding machine and the motorized stage are switched on and off by a push-button provided at the operator interface. The welding current and the wire speed are also controlled by the controller through a set of knobs provided in the operator interface.