- Weldfab Tech Times:- February – March 2021
- Flux-cored arc welding is one of the popular ways for performing the fabrication process
- Corodur Fülldraht GmbH : Stood for first-class wear protection with flux-cored welding wires
- “To the female who thinks she can’t, I promise you can.”
- “We need to train people to weld more like robots and teach robots to weld more like people.”
- “More important is knowledge, passion for the subject and willingness to learn and ready for hard work is essential.”
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant : All about welding
- Virtual welding simulators: A useful device for welder training and assessments
- Investigation of Friction Stir Processed Al7075 Aluminium Plate Reinforced with Al2O3 / 1 % Gr Hybrid Surface Nanocomposite
- How to avoid Porosity in welding Aluminium
Most new TTC streetcars to be recalled to fix welding defect
In a stunning setback for the TTC’s problem-plagued streetcar order, Bombardier says that most of the vehicles it has already delivered to the transit agency will have to be taken out of service and shipped to Quebec to correct a serious welding defect.
The cars will be sent to Bombardier’s plant in La Pocatière, Que., and according to the company will each take 19 weeks to fix. The repairs to all 67 cars are expected to take until at least 2022 to complete.
A spokesperson for the company stressed the welding problem, which originated at Bombardier’s plant in Sahagun, Mexico, poses no safety risk to the public. Eric Prud’Homme described the work as “preventative maintenance” and said Bombardier made the decision to take the vehicles out of service for repairs because without the work they may not last their contractual 30-year service life.