- Weldfab Tech Times:- February – March 2021
- Flux-cored arc welding is one of the popular ways for performing the fabrication process
- Corodur Fülldraht GmbH : Stood for first-class wear protection with flux-cored welding wires
- “To the female who thinks she can’t, I promise you can.”
- “We need to train people to weld more like robots and teach robots to weld more like people.”
- “More important is knowledge, passion for the subject and willingness to learn and ready for hard work is essential.”
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant : All about welding
- Virtual welding simulators: A useful device for welder training and assessments
- Investigation of Friction Stir Processed Al7075 Aluminium Plate Reinforced with Al2O3 / 1 % Gr Hybrid Surface Nanocomposite
- How to avoid Porosity in welding Aluminium
Kemppi acquires Italian Trafimet Group
Kemppi has acquired 100% share of the Italian welding torch manufacturer Trafimet Group S.P.A. The contract was signed in Italy on Friday March 1st. Both companies will continue as separate businesses.
”Kemppi has a strong growth strategy and the acquisition is a natural part of that. The businesses and competencies of the two companies complement each other well and Trafimet’s product range strengthens Kemppi’s position especially in the aftermarkets of the welding business”, says Ville Vuori, CEO, Kemppi Oy.
The acquisition brings in a company with a strong position especially in the welding torch and consumable aftermarkets. In addition to the torches, the Trafimet product range includes welding accessories such as welder’s safety products. The company has a long history and its’ brands Trafimet, Sacit and Ferro hold an established position in the market. Both companies will continue as separate businesses also after the acquisition.
”Having a strong European actor in the welding industry with us will benefit both companies in the future”, says Attilio Imi, CEO of Trafimet Group. “Trafimet and Kemppi continue to serve their own customers, but I believe that being under the same ownership will bring sourcing and logistics synergies. An owner with a long history in the welding market will be able to offer good development possibilities also in the long run and support our growth strategy”, he continues.
The acquisition does not have direct personnel effects or immediate changes in the organization or operations of either company. Trafimet has been a supplier of Kemppi for several years and the sourcing cooperation will be strengthened further after the acquisition.