- Weldfab Tech Times:- February – March 2021
- Flux-cored arc welding is one of the popular ways for performing the fabrication process
- Corodur Fülldraht GmbH : Stood for first-class wear protection with flux-cored welding wires
- “To the female who thinks she can’t, I promise you can.”
- “We need to train people to weld more like robots and teach robots to weld more like people.”
- “More important is knowledge, passion for the subject and willingness to learn and ready for hard work is essential.”
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant : All about welding
- Virtual welding simulators: A useful device for welder training and assessments
- Investigation of Friction Stir Processed Al7075 Aluminium Plate Reinforced with Al2O3 / 1 % Gr Hybrid Surface Nanocomposite
- How to avoid Porosity in welding Aluminium
Improve Weld Quality with a low cost Trailing Shield®
Trailing Shields ATS PHO 68C Titanium Tube Weld Using ATS.
Trailing Shields ATS PHO 71C ATS Group with TIG torch.
The quality of welds on tubes, pipes and flat sheet metal can be dramatically improved with the addition of a low cost Weld Trailing Shield®.
Experts in Weld Purging, Huntingdon Fusion Techniques HFT® have designed and developed flat and radiused Trailing Shields® which simply attach onto any TIG/GTAW, PAW/Plasma and MIG/GMAW welding torch, providing an additional inert gas coverage duringthe seam welding of stainless steel, duplexes, titanium and any other reactive metal where discolouration or oxidation needs to be eliminated.
Luke Keane, Technical Support for HFT® said: “These lightweight, easy to use Trailing Shields® pay for themselves in just one weld! They are perfect for manual welders, as well as automatic machines by helping to cover the weld with an inert gas coverage during and after welding, producing bright, shiny, oxide free welds time and time again and eliminating the expensive post weld cleaning process.”
The Trailing Shield® is connected to the argon gas supply, diffusing gas evenly without turbulence through the multi layers of stainless steel mesh built into the body of the shield. At each side, replaceable silicone rubber side shields provide a barrier to prevent the argon escaping sideways and remaining over the weld metal. As the welding torch is moved forward, the weld remains under an argon gas shield until the welded metal has cooled below its oxidation temperature.
Trailing Shields® are reusable, with a temperature resistance of up to 230ºC. They prevent re-work, eliminate the need for an expensive purge chamberand allow for faster welding.
For manual welding, the welder finds that with this lightweight and low cost tool, there is no difficulty in dragging it along the surface being welded. One further benefit is that it carries the welding torch at 90º to the weld.
Radiused Shields are designed to suit the exact diameter of the pipe or vessels being welded. Flat models are available for sheet and plate welding.