- Weldfab Tech Times:- February – March 2021
- Flux-cored arc welding is one of the popular ways for performing the fabrication process
- Corodur Fülldraht GmbH : Stood for first-class wear protection with flux-cored welding wires
- “To the female who thinks she can’t, I promise you can.”
- “We need to train people to weld more like robots and teach robots to weld more like people.”
- “More important is knowledge, passion for the subject and willingness to learn and ready for hard work is essential.”
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant : All about welding
- Virtual welding simulators: A useful device for welder training and assessments
- Investigation of Friction Stir Processed Al7075 Aluminium Plate Reinforced with Al2O3 / 1 % Gr Hybrid Surface Nanocomposite
- How to avoid Porosity in welding Aluminium
Hypertherm announces major counterfeiting raids; works with police to seize tens of thousands of dollars of fake product
Hypertherm, a U.S. based manufacturer of industrial cutting systems and software, is pursuing legal action against four manufacturers and distributors of counterfeit product following four separate raids, the arrest of five executives, and the seizure of tens of thousands of dollars offake Hypertherm consumables.
The action, conducted late last year in China’s Changzhou province, involved two of the world’s largest manufacturers of counterfeit product and their principle distributors making this the biggest anti-counterfeiting operation in Hypertherm history. The raids followed more than a year of investigative work and the involvement of law enforcement from two Chinese provinces. In addition, police were able to seize a list of companies conducting business with the illegal manufacturers.
“Like nearly all companies, Hypertherm is concerned about the impact and safety risks of counterfeit product on our business and customers and is committed to disrupting the illegal manufacture of products that adversely impact the performance of our systems,” said Brett Hansen, Hypertherm’s Intellectual Property Manager. “Our consumables are manufactured to strict specifications and often contain patented technologies that are difficult to correctly replicate. As a result, customers who unknowingly purchase these counterfeit products will not achieve the same consumable life or performance as the genuine product and are at risk.”
To ensure you do not fall victim to counterfeiting, Hypertherm recommends customers only buy product from approved and authorized distributors, and exercise caution when coming across abnormally low prices for “genuine” consumables and software especially when purchasing online. In addition, carefully check the appearance of consumables and packaging for discrepancies. Though counterfeiters are often very good at mimicking the exact appearance of original products, mistakes are sometimes made. Another warning sign is poor or inconsistent consumable performance compared to what you are used to.
A list of the authorized distribution partners is available on Hypertherm’s website at www.hypertherm.com. If you suspect you are a victim and need help verifying whether your consumables are genuine, please visit https://www.hypertherm.com/en-US/customer-support/getting-the-most-from-your-products/counterfeit-consumables to submit a report.