- Weldfab Tech Times:- February – March 2021
- Flux-cored arc welding is one of the popular ways for performing the fabrication process
- Corodur Fülldraht GmbH : Stood for first-class wear protection with flux-cored welding wires
- “To the female who thinks she can’t, I promise you can.”
- “We need to train people to weld more like robots and teach robots to weld more like people.”
- “More important is knowledge, passion for the subject and willingness to learn and ready for hard work is essential.”
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant : All about welding
- Virtual welding simulators: A useful device for welder training and assessments
- Investigation of Friction Stir Processed Al7075 Aluminium Plate Reinforced with Al2O3 / 1 % Gr Hybrid Surface Nanocomposite
- How to avoid Porosity in welding Aluminium
GPE successfully delivers World’s tallest CCR Reactor
Godrej Process Equipment (GPE), a unit of Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd., shipped one of the World’s tallest Continuous Catalytic Regeneration (CCR) Reactor to Dangote Oil Refinery, Nigeria during January 2019. With its height measuring a gigantic 95 meters, the CCR Reactor is 22 meters taller than the Qutub Minar and weighs approximately 703 metric tonnes, nine times heavier than a space shuttle.
With the completion of this order, Godrej has further strengthened its position as a technology and innovation driven company that has been continually contributing towards making the nation.
CCR is the key process in oil refinery converting low value naptha to high valuable products like Petrochemicals and Gasoline through various reactions such as Dehydrogenation, Aromatisation, Isomerisation, Dealkylation, Dehydrocyclization. The CCR Reactor is a tall column like equipment with continuous moving catalyst. Very stringent tolerances are required to be maintained for installation of reactor internals. The equipment being in Hydrogen service, calls for a very critical metallurgy viz. Chromium Molybdenum Steel, which leads to a very complex fabrication requirement.
Speaking about the achievement, Mr. Jamshyd Godrej, Chairman and Managing Director, Godrej & Boyce stated, “We have always been in the forefront of adopting technology to offer the best-in-class solutions to our customers. The manufacturing of this complex reactor, the tallest in the world, and the shipping of it in a single piece is a matter of immense pride for us. It is a testimony to our company’s vast technological expertise and also showcases Indian engineering capabilities. The successful manufacture of this equipment only adds to the achievements of Godrej & Boyce and its global footprint.”
Adding to this, Mr. Allen Antao, Executive Vice President and Business Head, Godrej Process Equipment said, “Godrej Process Equipment is a leading global fabricator of high end critical static equipment for the Process Industry. For several decades now, customers from around the world have come to rely on Godrej for their operationally demanding equipment needs. The CCR Reactor built for Dangote’s Refinery in Nigeria is the latest in the long list of capability challenging equipment built by Godrej.”