- OBITUARY: Dr G Padmanabham (RIP : 3rd June 2021)
- ADLINK Enables Automated Arc-Welding Defect Detection with Industrial Machine Vision Edge Solution Toward Industry 4.0
- voestalpine Bohler Welding sponsors National Skill Competition for Best of the Best Welders 2020-21
- Weldfabtechtimes Magazine:- April – May 2021
- New high performing filters for FilterCart and Filterbox
- “We installed Liquid Medical Oxygen tanks in more than 250+ hospitals all over India and our Parent Company supplied liquid medical oxygen to more than 1000+ hospitals.”
- “We have consolidated our presence in India with the appointment of Sahara Enterprises.”
- “Government need to promote this particular education from the root itself to benefit entire welding segment in the coming years.”
- At John Deere, ‘Hard Iron Meets Artificial Intelligence’
- New developments in gas shielded arc welding of aluminium alloys using gas mixtures containing minor gaseous additions
BrandTech® Stud Welding Machine first of its type to receive UL & CSA Listings
Industrial Specialists by BrandSafway has announced it received Underwriters Laboratories (UL) and Canadian Standards Association (CSA) listings for BrandTech® Precision Welding (BT-PW), its software-driven stud welding machine. The BT-PW 1600 system uses a drawn arc welding process to weld special fasteners and anchoring systems for refractory products and other industrial and commercial applications. Industrial Specialists, a member of the American Welding Society, is the world’s first manufacturer to achieve UL and CSA listings for digital-driven drawn arc stud welding equipment.
“We pursued these listings to enhance customer confidence in the operational safety and reliability of BrandTech products,” said Dave Witsken, BrandSafway Energy and Industrial Division president. “We demand the highest level of safety in everything we do. Innovation is critical in the demanding markets where we operate; equally important, however, is safe, quality products that are independently evaluated by respected third parties, and we are pleased to have achieved that with both UL and CSA.”
Faster and Safer
The BT-PW 1600 system also offers up to eight times greater productivity compared to shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), so contractors can reduce the duration of refractory installation or repair, shortening their overall turnaround and outage schedules.
As an added benefit, stud welding can eliminate or reduce the need for respiratory protection and ventilation during welding, especially of stainless steel. The process can generate as little as 0.059 micrograms per cubic meter of hexavalent chromium, which is far less than the permissible exposure level of five micrograms per cubic meter.
“Outside of its technical performance, we wanted to give the BT-PW 1600 the ultimate performance test by submitting it for third-party certification,” explained Witsken. “Managing UL and CSA testing logistics was challenging, because no manufacturer had submitted a similar product previously. Being first isn’t easy, but it is rewarding.”